Who is Eligible?
- Undergraduate sociology majors or minors (majors will have priority)
- We recommend completion of SOC 355; but this is not required
What Strengthens an Application?
- High GPA in sociology classes
- Good research skills
- Flexible research interests
How to Apply?
What are the student application deadlines for RISE?
- Fall Semesters: May 30th
- Spring Semesters: December 15th
Notification and Next Steps
- Faculty / graduate students will review applications and may request further information from the undergraduate applicants.
- Notification of acceptance will be announced in the RISE Semester Announcement Email sent prior to each semester.
- If accepted, you will meet with your RISE Research Partner during the first week of the semester and go over the RISE Faculty-Student Agreement.
- You must return the RISE Faculty-Student Agreement to Brandon Mitchell in Tarbutton 225 to complete registration for the RISE course (SOC 497R).
- The deadline to return your RISE agreement and add the course to your schedule is the last day of add/drop/swap.