Who is Eligible?
- Undergraduate sociology majors or minors (majors will have priority)
- We recommend completion of SOC 355; but this is not required
What Strengthens an Application?
- High GPA in sociology classes
- Good research skills
- Flexible research interests
How to Apply?
When to Apply?
- Deadlines will be announced in the RISE Semester Announcement Email sent prior to each semester, and they will be posted on Emory Sociology social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter.
- In general, deadlines for undergraduate applications will occur in May for the Fall Semester and will occur in December for the Spring Semester.
Notification and Next Steps
- Faculty / graduate students will review applications and may request further information from the undergraduate applicants.
- Notification of acceptance will be announced in the RISE Semester Announcement Email sent prior to each semester.
- If accepted, you will meet with your RISE Research Partner and register for the course during the first week of the semester.