Minor Requirements for Emory Sociology
The minor requires 7 courses in Sociology (minimum 21 hours) and a GPA of 2.0 or higher within the minor.
- Step 1: Complete the online form by (a) clicking here for the Office of Undergraduate Education webpage containing OUE Forms and then (b) choosing (and submitting online) the "Declaration of Major/Minor Form."
- Step 2: You will be contacted via email by Amelia Tonurist (firstname.lastname@example.org), Undergraduate Program Coordinator.
Minors must take one of the following courses:
- SOC 214: Class, Status, and Power
- SOC 221: Culture and Society
- SOC 225: Sociology of Sex & Gender
- SOC 230: Sociological Aspects of Health & Illness
- SOC 245: Individual and Society
- SOC 247: Racial and Ethnic Relations
- SOC 355W: Research Methods in Sociology
- SOC 457W: Development of Sociology Theory
The remaining six courses are electives. All sociology courses count as electives, with the following conditions:
- Electives must be a minimum of 3 credit hours
- No more than 1 courses from the SOC 497R-499R series may count as an elective toward the minor
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade.
- Minors who study abroad may take up to 2 electives abroad. See the undergraduate director, Dr. Jeff Mullis (email@example.com) for pre-approval of study-abroad courses.