- M.A. in Sociology, Fudan University, China, 2017
- B.A. in Sociology, Fudan University, China, 2014
- General Research Areas:
- Culture, Politics, Health, Inequality, Social Psychology, Global Sociology, Mixed Methods
- Current Research:
My research interests lie at the intersection of culture, politics, social psychology, and global and transnational sociology. I use a cultural sociological approach to examine various aspects of human society, including health, politics, identity, and economic action. My research has been published in Cultural Sociology and Social Psychology Quarterly.
I am also a co-editor of the Cultural Sociology Reader, the first reader that introduces to the Chinese audience the latest developments in cultural sociology in the United States.
My dissertation project explores how overseas Chinese students negotiate their national and global identities during an increasingly unsettled time since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic and the rise of anti-Asian racism.
- Guo, Weirong and Bin Xu. 2021. “Dignity in Red Envelopes: Disreputable Exchange and Cultural Reproduction of Inequality in Informal Medical Payment.” Social Psychology Quarterly. Online First. Available on the Sage Journals Website.
- Bin Xu, Licheng Qian, and Weirong Guo. 2019. "The Cultural Sociology of China: Trajectory and Dynamics of a Burgeoning Field." Cultural Sociology 13: 387-410.
- Zhou, Yi, Weirong Guo, Yajun Zheng, and Junchao Tang, eds. Forthcoming. The Cultural Sociology Reader. Beijing: Peking University Press. (In Chinese)