- BA in Psychology, University of North Texas, 2008
- MA in Sociology, University of North Texas, 2012
- General and Current Research Areas
Sociology of Culture, Sociology of Music, Computational Sociology / Big Data, Quantitative Methods
- Dissertation Title: Dynamics and Geographical Diffusion in the Global Metal Scene: A Network-Based Approach
- Timothy J. Dowd, Trent Ryan and Yun Tai. 2016. "Talk of Heritage: Critical Benchmarks & DIY Preservationism in Progressive Rock." Popular Music and Society 39: 97-125.
Reprinted in Timothy J. Dowd, Trent Ryan and Yu Tai. 2017. “Talk of Heritage: Critical Benchmarks & DIY Preservationism in Progressive Rock.” Pages 96-124 in Popular Music, Cultural Memory, and Heritage, edited by A. Bennett and S. Janssen. London: Routledge.